Effective pest control, no toxic ingredients; the premium insecticidal soap
A unique foliar spray that kills the most pernicious insect pests that attack crops without the use of conventional pesticides.
Eutrema Insecticidal Soap is effective against:
- Aphids (greenfly / blackfly)
- Scale insects
- Mealy bugs
- Red spider mites
- Also effective at controlling powdery mildew infections by removing fungal spores.
Eutrema Insecticidal Soap uses advanced surfactant technology that irritates the invertebrate pest’s exoskeleton and disrupts its normal functioning. Owing to this mode of action, Eutrema Insecticidal Soap is not classified as a pesticide and is not classified as hazardous to humans or the environment.
While other products on the market also contain surfactants, Eutrema Insecticidal Soap is an advanced formulation that is the ONLY product not to contain elements that are highly toxic to plants (specifically sodium).
Products based on sodium must have a very low surfactant concentration as otherwise the sodium would severely harm or kill the plants being treated. This low concentration means that they are often too weak to kill of the pest. In contrast, Eutrema Insecticidal Soap will eradicate key pests within a matter of a few days as it uses our exclusive sodium-free technology, which are in far higher concentrations than other products on the market.
You should always avoid sodium-based products as sodium is directly toxic to plants, even at very low concentrations. This is because:
- Sodium disrupts cell membrane functions. Cells become weak and susceptible to environmental stress.
- Sodium interferes with metabolism of potassium and calcium. This further weakens membranes and the cell wall. Flowering will be disrupted if potassium metabolism is impeded.
- Sodium has a strong osmotic effect. As a sodium-based product dries out on the leaf surface, the sodium ions will pull water molecules out of the epidermal cells further weakening the plant.
- Sodium will deflocculate the soil / growing media leading to root compaction.
- Sodium will accumulate in the growing media disrupting root functioning and reducing cation exchange capacity (CAC).
Eutrema Insecticidal Soap is a unique product you will not find under any other brand name in UK Agriculture.
Eutrema Insecticidal Soap was invented and developed by Eutrema in the UK, and is exclusively manufactured in the UK at our HQ.
- Apply at 8-12 mL / litre of water. Do not exceed dose rate.
- Apply daily when you have a pest infestation until the pests are dead.
- For best results, spray evenly to both the upper and underside of the leaves. Cover 100% of the foliage.
- Do not apply if no infestation is present; Eutrema Insecticidal Soap is not a preventative pesticide.
- Once the pest infestation has been eradicated by Eutrema Insecticidal Soap, use in combination with biocontrol agents to keep pest populations down. This will result in longer-term control as part of an Integrated Pest Management (IPM) strategy designed to illuminate the use of synthetic pesticides.
- Eutrema Insecticidal Soap can be applied during all stages of the plant life cycle. However, care should be taken with young seedlings with soft tissue.
- For best results spray in the evening when the pests are more active. Also, the surfactant coating will last longer on the leaf surface as evaporation is reduced, thus prolonging the product’s action.
- Spray when insects are active and not dormant.
- Can be used up until day of harvest on edible crops.
We cannot predict or guarantee tank mix success for any product; always conduct a bucket test to confirm compatibility.
All organic components of the product are biodegradable. Our products do not contain substances which are known to bioaccumulate when released into natural systems.