100% pure Yucca schidigera extract. Be aware that other companies are selling Yucca extract mixed with synthetic surfactants. As a result, our Yucca extract is our most popular product.
Eutrema Yucca is a natural plant extract containing surface tension breaking saponins. It improves water spread and penetration, and alleviates stress conditions. By affecting water movement and uptake in the root zone it also improves nutrient absorption.
YUCCA CAN ALSO BE USED AS AN ORGANIC INSECTICIDAL SOAP.
Physical mode of action that disrupts the insect pest’s exoskeleton. Particularly effective against sap sucking insects, such as aphids (greenfly/blackfly), whitefly, mealybugs, and thrips.
Yucca Extract also acts as a natural biostimulant, which increases biological activity in the soil and stimulates plant growth and development.
Effects on crops
- Improve water and fertiliser penetration.
- Soften hard, compacted soils.
- Reduce surface tension of foliar sprays.
- Improve uptake of foliar feeds and trace elements.
- Improve performance of pesticides.
- Improve seed germination.
- Rapidly establish transplants.
- As a biostimulant to help plants recover from stress conditions such as:
- Transplanting and transport shock.
- Insufficient water availability through poor penetration or excess percolation.
- High alkalinity or acidity.
- Poor availability or quality of nutrients.
- Temperature extremes.
Sprayer; 1.0 mL / litre of spray solution. Reduce dose rate to 0.25-0.5 mL / litre if applying with other agrochemicals.
Via irrigation system
Mix or metre into fertiliser solution or into first irrigation water to give 1.5 litre / ha.
Repeat up to twice more in poor soil conditions.
Drip Irrigation: Metre into water to obtain 50ppm continuous dosing.
Nursery plants; Apply once at 3 litre / ha to seedlings to assist germination and water retention and percolation. For plug plants, drench media before or after planting with 1.0 mL / litre of water.
To learn more about what to look for in a quality yucca extract, please read our blog post on the subject:
We cannot predict or guarantee tank mix success for any product; always conduct a bucket test to confirm compatibility.